WTF's So Great About It?

WTF's So Great About It?
WTF's So Great About It?

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Ep. #1 - Intro to: What's So Great About It?

Ever wonder what's so great about all the things that smart people say are so great?

I used to believe I would never get it, but I was curious just the same.

It was slow going, but I was determined to find out what the big frigging deal was.

The answer seemed to be that things considered "great" (works of art and the like) had hidden layers of meaning that are not at first apparent.

But they had better, at least, be entertaining, I said to myself, or why else would anyone care to look deeper?

So, I started to investigate and things that initially seemed mysterious gradually made more sense.

I might not have a deep understanding of it all, but at least now I know what's so great about certain things (which does make them more fun and makes me want to explore them further--surely, a hallmark of "greatness").

I did kind of feel that someone could've just explained it to me in simple words, what was so great.

So, allow me.

Here's the podcast. (click here)

Episode #1 gives an intro into who I am and what kinds of works I intend to include.

More episodes to follow.

Thanks, Geoff

*correction: the scarecrow is looking for a brain.

*correction: US Forest Service

No comments:

Post a Comment